Affiliate marketing is a kind of marketing, here you would be connected with large organizations to sell products using your skills and get paid once products are sold. You should have website of your, as organizations cross check to add you into affiliate marketing.
Once registered, you will get accessed to products you want to sell. Choose next launching product or trending product and start marketing with your skills, utilizing all marketing strategies such as Facebook, Twitter, blog, articles, video sharing etc. You would be paid only after the product is sold.
You can join to flipkart, Amazon, snapdeal, any other ecommerce sites.
Affiliate networks or programs have several different ways that they pay:
- – Pay-per-click:As it sounds, you are paid every time someone clicks on a link or ad. The most popular pay-per-click affiliate network is Google Adsense.
- – Pay-per-lead:This option is for advertisers that are looking for people to join or sign-up. It is most common in financial services, where companies are looking for leads to sell products, such as insurance. The most popular pay-per-lead affiliate network is Commission Junction.
- – Pay-per-sale:This one is also plain and simple. You post and advertisement, and you are paid a percentage of the sale your ad placement generates. The most popular affiliate networks in this space are Commission Junction, LinkShare, and ClickBank.
- – Pay-per-action: This option is fairly new, and allows you to get paid when a user completes an action. There are two main ways: one of my favorite is done by InfoLinks, where they highlight links on your site, and you are paid if the user hovers over the link long enough to open it (usually about 2 seconds). The other way is very new, and it is pay-per-call. Both Commission Junction and FlexOffers have new programs that designate a 1-800 number specifically for your website, and you get a lead payment whenever someone calls.
- – Pay-per-post: This option is directed almost exclusively towards bloggers. Payperpost is the main player in this space, and like it sounds, they pay you a commission when you write a blog post about their advertisers.
PPC (pay per click) advertising is the most familiar
Affiliate arbitrage means buying traffic – PPC, display ad traffic, or other traffic you can pay for – and send it to a page that monetizes by per click, ad revenue or purchase of the product.
Profit = Affiliate commission – PPC cost
Setting up own blog/website
In short, the idea will be to create a website that promotes/reviews products that have an affiliate program, rank in google for keywords related to these products and then sell the website.
I have done this in the past and have had success with it. It’s not going to be a quick rich scheme, and will take some time, but with dedication and hardwork, it will pay off down the road.
- Start by picking an evergreen niche that will allow you to expand as you grow
- Niches such as health and pets are good examples
- Next, find as many products as possible within this niche and group them into similar categories. Go to places such as Amazon and Clickbank to get ideas
- Put all of the product ideas into a spreadsheet. Try to find at least 100 different products
- Start doing keyword research on both these products you found as well as keywords that are related to the products
- Keep all keywords in a spreadsheet as well
- By now, you should have two spreadsheets full of both products and keywords that you can target on your website
- Next, go buy a domain name, hosting and setup your website. There are plenty of guides out there that will walk you through the process